Today we are releasing an update to Slingbox.com, making watching TV, setting up your Slingbox and managing your Sling Account even easier.
This update includes the following features and fixes:
- Fixes a problem with the Check for Updates button not showing up when attempting to update your Slingbox Software (or Firmware) while you are away from home.
- Important updates to the video source selection portion of input set up:
- Improved search when setting up your TV source.
- You can now select alternate codes when manually navigating the TV source listings.
- Improved the German localization.
- Various Slingbox Setup flow and interface improvements and bug fixes.
This update features the following features and fixes:
- Localization updates and bug fixes
- Some special characters are now allowed in your Sling Account password.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
SlingPlayer Plug-in for Mac
We have updated the installation process for the SlingPlayer Plug-in for Mac. The installation is now done through an Installer package downloaded when you visit Watch or Setup on Slingbox.com for the first time or to install a plug-in update.
This addresses the plugin installation issues a few customers were running into with the old process.
After you run the installer, you will need to re-launch your web browser and go back to www.slingbox.com to set up your Slingbox or start watching TV.